What is a TCG?
ames are similar to the trading cards you knew as a child. Rather than playing in person and collecting cards from packs at the store, you collect everything online. The goal is to collect all of the cards you like, also know as mastering a deck. Online TCGs are free to play, a lot of fun, and very addictive! Interested in joining? Check out the rest of this section before moving on to the join form!
Your Trade Post
Before you join, you need a place to store your stuff, also know as a trade post. To make life easier for you and for your fellow TCG members, you should separate your cards--at least into groups of keeping and trading. You are also required to keep a detailed card log, showing how you got every card. The final thing you need on your site is a way to contact you, either a form or an email link, so you can trade.
- Collecting: For decks you are currently collecting and trying to master
- Future/Keeping: For decks that you plan on mastering later but are not focusing on at the moment (but are still accepting cards from them in incoming trades)
- Trading: For cards that you don't want to collect or keep at all and are willing to trade away
Sub categories aside, one thing that you are required to have on your post is a detailed log showing every card and currency that you gained and lost. This includes trades, games, activities, freebies, services, etc. For trades, it's recommended that you number them to count how many cards you traded each time.
The final component that you need on your trade post is a way to contact you. Some suggestions are:
- A form on your site that players can send you trades through
- A note about what your e-mail is
- A forum thread where players can offer you trades